Our commitment to equality and diversity
We want all our customers, staff and board members to have equal chances to learn, work and live free from discrimination, harassment and prejudice.
- We’re committed to providing services that meet people’s different needs
- Our staff build awareness and understanding of individual needs.
We do this by:
- Welcoming everyone living in the community
- Promoting our services to reflect local needs
- Developing training and employment opportunities for local people
- Listening to communities and understanding their needs
- Taking positive steps to tackle discrimination and prejudice.
Our policies and procedures reflect the Equalities Act 2010 and comply with the relevant codes of practice for housing and employment as far as possible. Our approach to equality and diversity has been developed by a special group of residents, staff and external experts. Read our Equality and Diversity Policy for more.